I accept referrals from: individuals, GPs, Psychiatrists, Bupa, Vitality Health, Aviva, Nuffield Health, and others.
I am an experienced and Accredited (BABCP) Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and Registered Mental Health Nurse. I have been privileged to work with many people, empowering them to gain the skills and strategies required to work through their problems using the CBT model. Research shows that the success of any Therapy experience is very much dependent on the quality of the therapeutic relationship. I believe I bring a non-judgemental, warm and kindly approach to sessions, ensuring you feel safe and supported as we work together.
I have 15 years of experience of working within the NHS, completing my Post Graduate Qualification in CBT in 2010. Alongside my individual work with Clients I have enjoyed devising and facilitating an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Group Programme (ACT) which continues to run across the County.
Following my decision to leave the NHS in 2018 I will work solely from the Beacon Clinic from 2019 with individuals from 16 upwards.
I have experience of providing Clinical Supervision within the NHS and externally. I currently offer Supervision for those interested in building skills within the ACT Model. This can be face to face or on Doxy.me, Skype, or Zoom.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, University Of Birmingham 2010
- Diploma of Higher Education (Nursing) Part 13 of Register RMN (Distinction) Pin No. 00E0415E, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Open University 1998
- 2003: Following completion of my Mental Health Nursing Diploma, I worked on an Acute Psychiatric Ward in Worcester, prior to moving to a Day Hospital setting, where I worked with people individually and in groups.
- 2006: Joined Primary Care Mental Health Service in Worcestershire as a Gateway Worker (this involved, mental health reviews, using CBT approach interventions and signposting for other Services).
- 2008: Completed Postgraduate Diploma in CBT at the University of Birmingham.
- 2011: Full Accreditation with BABCP (British Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapists)
- 2010-2018: CBT Therapist within Worcestershire Healthy Minds, providing individual Therapy, Clinical Supervision and Group work.
- 2018 (December): Left the NHS to focus on Private Practice (individual work with Clients, Group Therapy)
Code of Ethics and Regulation
I have a continuing commitment to best practice and regularly attend workshops and Courses which support my professional development and contribute to my ongoing Accreditation and Registration. I receive monthly Supervision from an experienced BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist/ Compassion Focused Therapist. I also attend a Peer Supervision Group grounded in the ACT model and Contextual Behavioural Science.
As an Accredited member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapists and the Nursing and Midwifery Council, my work is underpinned by the Professional Standards of Conduct and Ethics outlined by these established organisations. I am also a member of the Association for Contextual and Behavioural Scientists, which enables me to develop my practice within the ACT model.
I have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Status