- What is CBT (MIND)
- ACT Mindfully. This is a website from Russ Harris, the author of The Happniess Trap (a popular self-help book). You can download the first 2 chapters of this book for free.
- Embracing Your Demons: An Overview of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- The Compassionate Mind Foundation. Compassionate focused audio and video available.
- Headspace Take 10. Mindfulness app, 10 days of mindfulness for free.
- Mrs Mindfulness. Australian-based mindfulness website by Melli O’Brien.
- Free meditations from Mindfulness. Free mindfulness audio to download by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
Videos about our tricky minds
- Headstuck! What is Experiential Avoidance?. This short animation provides a great introduction to some key concepts underlying Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- The Struggle Switch
- Internal Struggles
- The 3 Happiness Myths
- The Values-Focused vs the Goals-Focused Life
- The Choice Point
- Psychological flexibility: How love turns pain into purpose
- The Happiness Trap: Evolution of the Human Mind
- The Choice Point: A Map for a Meaningful Life
- Thanking Your Mind: Taking The Power Out of Difficult Thoughts
- Susan David: The gift and power of emotional courage
- Brené Brown: The power of vulnerability
- Thandie Newton: Embracing otherness, embracing myself
- Demons on the Boat Metaphor
- Passengers on a Bus Metaphore
- Sushi Train Metaphor
- Russ Harris: The Limbic Brain and its Role in Trauma
- What if my brain held a meeting
- Relational frame theory - how language shapes our experience
- The unwelcome party guest
- Why Mindfulness is a Superpower
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
- What is Mindfulness
- How to Meditate Anytime, Anywhere
- Mindfulness and How the Brain Works
- Underlying Calm
- How Mindfulness Empowers Us
- How to Breathe - Belisa Vranich
- The Little ACT Workbook - An Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Michael Sinclair and Dr Matthew Beadman, 2016
- The Happiness Trap, Russ Harris, 2008. A best selling introduction to ACT (also - The Illustrated Happiness Trap, The Happiness Trap Pocketbook, concise versions of the main text)
- Activate your life - Using Acceptance and Mindfulness to build a life that is rich, fulfilling and fun, Joe Oliver, Jon Hill, Eric Morris, 2015. Develop your Open, Aware, and Active skills.
- Living with the Enemy, Ray Owen, 2013. Coping with the stress of chronic illness using CBT, Mindfulness and Acceptance.
- A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled, Ruby Wax, 2008.
- The Compassionate Mind Workbook: A step-by-step guide to developing your compassionate self, Chris Irons, 2016