I accept referrals from: individuals, GPs, Psychiatrists, Bupa, Vitality Health, Aviva, Nuffield Health.
I have been working within Adult Primary Care Mental Services for just over 12 years, completing my Postgraduate Qualification in CBT in 2010. I now share my time between NHS based work and offering three mornings of Private Practice from the Wellbeing Centre In Malvern, Worcestershire.
Alongside my individual work with patients, I am a Clinical Supervisor within the NHS. I am also involved with the development and facilitation of group-work programmes, most recently devising and delivering Acceptance and Commitment Therapy groups within the NHS.
I have a continuing commitment to best practice and regularly attend workshops and Courses which support my professional development and contribute to my ongoing Accreditation and Registration.
As an Accredited member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapists and the Nursing and Midwifery Council, my work is underpinned by the Professional Standards of Conduct and Ethics outlined by these established organisations. I am also a member of the Association for Contextual and Behavioural Scientists, which enables me to develop my practice within the ACT model. I receive regular Clinical Supervision.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, University Of Birmingham 2010
- Diploma of Higher Education (Nursing) Part 13 of Register RMN (Distinction) Pin No. 00E0415W, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Open University 1998
- 2003: Following completion of my Mental Health Nursing Diploma, I worked on an Acute Psychiatric Ward in Worcester, prior to moving to a Day Hospital setting, where I worked with people individually and in groups.
- 2006: Joined Primary Care Mental Health Service in Worcestershire as a Gateway Worker (this involved, mental health reviews, using CBT approach interventions and signposting for other Services).
- With a growing interest in developing my therapy skills I completed the Postgraduate Diploma in CBT at the University of Birmingham in 2008-10. I am now in my 5th year as an Accredited member of the BABCP (British Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapists). I continue to work with adults from 16 upwards within the NHS and privately.
When I’m not working or learning, I’m kept pretty busy with family, (I have 5 children, though 3 are grown up!), dogs, and garden. I also enjoy getting out and about in our beautiful local countryside!